We all know that customer reviews are absolutely invaluable in building trust with potential customers and improving your overall brand reputation.
However, here’s the real question - what’s the average response rate for review requests?
Well, we’re here to spill the beans and answer the question by using valid proof. So, be sure to stick until the end!
Average Response Rate For Review Request (General)
Overall, the average response rate based on our customer data is 8.3%. This means that nearly one out of ten customers respond to their review requests.
You can easily improve this rate by following the next steps:
- Sending the review request right on time
- Personalizing the review request template
- Reminding customers with a second review request
Average Response Rate For Review Request (By Industry)
But, let’s take some time to look at the average response rate for review requests by different industries.
- Art and Photography: 7.1%
- Automotive: 9.9%
- Beauty and Cosmetics: 8.7%
- Books and Magazines: 9.9%
- Construction and Industrial: 9.1%
- Dental: 3.2%
- Digital Assets: 5.8%
- Electronics and Gadgets: 8.8%
- Fashion and Apparel: 8.5%
- Food and Drink: 9.3%
- General Store: 4.3%
- Gift and Collectibles: 9.5%
- Healthcare/Medical: 10.0%
- Home and Furniture: 10.1%
- Jewelry: 11.7%
- Music: 6.9%
- Pets and Animals: 10.9%
- Plants and Garden: 14.5%
- Services and Consulting: 13.3%
- Software: 11.9%
- Sports and Recreation: 10.5%
- Stationery and Office: 5.1%
- Toys and Games: 11.3%
Average Response Rate For Review Request (By Platform)
There are 3 major platforms available, including Shopify, Wix, and BigCommerce. Here’s the data for each one.
- Shopify: 7.2%
- Wix: 12.9%
- BigCommerce: 11.0%