Why Reviews, Customer Photos, and Video are Important for SalesIt's easy for customers to buy from you when they trust you. But how do you build trust? The simplest way to build trust with your shoppers is to show them that you have many other happy customers that trusted you enough to buy your product. You do that with reviews, customer photos, and videos!
If you want to demonstrate that you have lots of happy customers, you should be1. Working on getting reviews
- photo and
- Product page
How to easily get customer photos, customer reviews
You can automatically request photo and video content and regular text reviews from customers by installing Fera.ai on your Shopify store and setting up an on-going (AutoPilot) campaign.
How to set up an on-going content request campaign with Fera.ai
When you get into your dashboard (click here to get to your dashboard)
- Click "Campaigns" which is located on the left menu
- Click Content Campaign
- Look to the top right and click "New Campaign"
- You'll have the option between one-time and on-going (AutoPilot) campaigns
- Click the autopilot campaign
- Name your campaign
- Choose what to request. You can choose between
- Photos & Videos
Once you've chosen the type of content to request, you can create your incentives. If you want a high response rate for your reviews (especially photo and video reviews), you should create a good incentive.Ensure that what you are offering your customers as a discount is worth the time they are putting into the review.
Here is how to create an incentive
- Click the incentive accordion tab
- Select the drop-down button next to "Add Incentive"
- Choose between Discounts, Points or Cash
Creating a discount incentive to get Shopify reviews and customer photos
- Click "Discount" and choose between
- offering a fixed amount off or
- A percentage off
- Select the value of your discount
- Use the Advanced Discount to
- add additional discounts if customers submit a photo and/or video.
- You are also able to select "Yes" or "No" to create a unique discount code for each customer.
Creating a loyalty point incentive to get Shopify reviews and customer photos
- Click "Points" and connect your existing Smile.io account
- Follow this step by step guide on downloading Smile.io and connect it to Fera to offer your customers loyalty points as a reward
Creating a cashback incentive to get Shopify reviews and customer photos
- Click "Cash" and choose the amount of cashback to offer
- It works by refunding the corresponding amount on the customer's payment method.
Choosing when to ask for reviews, photos, and videos from customers
Choosing one to send a request is easy with Fera.ai. You can send a request immediately after an order is created or up to 60 days after your customer places their order.
- Go to the "When to Send" section under the "Request Options" tab
- Choose the drop-down menu where the 'number of days' appear
- Choose a timeline that works for your business
- You are able to choose to send after an order is fulfilled or created
- Click on the "conditions button"
- Set up any conditions that work for your business.
Customizing your review request messageIf you want to get lots of reviews for your Shopify store, you have to make sure that your message is compelling. You can easily customize your email or text message with Fera.ai's easy to use system.
- Select the "Message Customization" tab
- The things that you can change without any coding knowledge include:
- The subject line
- The theme
- Choose the drop-down menu under "Theme"
- Choose between the "Default" or "Plain" themes
- Click on the button "Customize Theme" under the Theme drop-down menu
- The text editor will show up where you can make any customizations you need to
- Save your changes by clicking the "Save" button on the top right corner of the text editor
Preview your message
- On the right side of the screen, you will be able to see a preview of your message
- Click the buttons below the preview to alternate between the desktop and mobile preview
- Add any photos you need to inside your message
Saving your message and sending a testTo finish customizing your theme, you will have to save and test your message.
- Click the "Save" button in the top right corner
- Click the "Test" button in the top right corner
- Decide which email you to send your test to
- You have the option to choose a specific product to have them review
- Click the "Send Test" button once you have filled everything in
View the details of your sent message
- Click the "View Test Messages" button to check to see the details of your sent message
- The details you can see:
- Customer name
- Message type
- When it was sent
- If the message was delivered (hover over the Status icon)
- If your customer has opened it (hover over the Status icon)
What Your Customers SeeYour message will show up in either your customer's email or SMS. As previously mentioned, you can also add photos to your emails or text message content requests.
Customers Complete Their Reviews on Your WebsiteThe best part about Fera's content request system is that your customers fill out their reviews and upload their photos directly on your website to have a seamless customer experience.
What customers can fill out in their review
- A star rating out of five
- A summary of their review
- Talk about their experience in the "More Info" section
- Upload photos or videos directly from their desktop or mobile device
Approving Review, Photo and Video Submissions
After a customer has submitted a review, you'll get an email from Fera.ai asking you to approve or decline the review.
By approving the review, you can...
- Add the photo to an existing widget
- A wall of photos on your homepage, or
- A wall of photos on your product page
By declining the review, you can…
- Give the reviewer feedback to make it better, or
- Skip it altogether
What Customers See After You Approve Their Review
Once you've approved a review, Fera will send your customers an email or a text message with a unique discount code.
Your customers will be able to click the "Use My Discount" link and have the discount automatically applied so that when they check out, they don't have to remember or type it in. That's how you use the on-going content request system or autopilot! If you have any questions, log in to your dashboard and click on the chat button at the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help you with any questions that you have.
What to do with your customer reviews, photos, videos
Displaying customer photos and reviews on ShopifyDisplaying your customer photos and reviews on Shopify is a great way to build trust with your shoppers. When shoppers see that there are many positive reviews for your product, they are more likely to buy from you. That is because they assume that if other people are happy with your product, they will be too! Don't be afraid to display your customer reviews and photos anywhere on your website. Posting customer photos is especially useful on your Shopify product page, and showing reviews and videos can be helpful on your homepage.
Using customer photos on social media
To build a more significant following on social media, make sure to share your user generated content on your social media channels! With Fera.ai, you can quickly push reviews and customer photos to Facebook, Instagram, and GoogleMyBusiness! When you post your customer photos to social media, try and tag your fans. This helps with building loyalty as your customers will feel appreciated that you took the time to reshare their content! You may also notice that more people will want to post reviews in the hopes of being featured on your Facebook Page or Instagram Feed.
Conclusion: Gathering Reviews, Photos and Videos for Your Store is Easy
Gathering reviews, photos, and videos from your customers is a great way to build trust and showcase social proof on your Shopify store. Getting reviews and customer photos is easy when you use Fera.ai, the ultimate social proof platform! If you want to try Fera.ai 14 days for free, go ahead and follow this link if you have a Shopify store. If you are using another eCommerce platform, don't worry, Fera.ai integrates with BigCommerce and Magento (and Squarespace soon) follow this link to download it on those platforms. If you want to showcase, gather, and manage your social proof, then downloading Fera.ai is a no-brainer!