Why photo reviews provide the best social proofThere are several reasons why photo reviews are the best kind of social proof your business can benefit from. To name just a few:
- Customers are more informed about your products
- Visual proof boosts consumer confidence
- Most consumers say that the product or service they purchase after reading reviews meet expectations
- Rating of the product
- Written review
- A photo of the product
Yes, you could choose to just rely on the overall star rating. But if you only display the rating on your product pages, you ignore the fact that 73% of customers say the content within a review is more valuable. And nothing’s more eye-catching and thumb-stopping than visual content.
How to incentivize customers to leave photo reviewsYou have to realize that leaving a product review isn’t guaranteed with every purchase. It’s a favor you’re asking your customers. You need to convince them, and nothing’s more convincing than a proper incentive. These can include:
- Discounts for next purchases
- Credits/points (if you run loyalty programs)
- Charity donations from your business to a charity of choice
What type of tools can you use to gather photo reviews?First, let’s take a look at the steps necessary to setting up a successful photo review campaign. You need to take care of the following:
- Gather product photo reviews 2. Export them to your CMS 3. Showcase them on your website
The CTA leads to an online form with a few questions: how did I rate the product, could I write a short review, and give that review a title. Tools like Loox, Reviews.io, or Fera.ai are also very easy to use, especially if you run a Shopify store.
We're going to show you how you can use a chat conversation instead of an online form, using a chat marketing platform called POP. This will create more engagement and increase conversions. It will also let you grow your audience and include capturing photos for your reviews.
Here’s an outline of how you can use three simple tools to create a complete photo review campaign:
- POP to set up the chat marketing campaign
- Zapier to export the files and testimonials automatically
- Fera.ai to add the social proof content to your store
What are the benefits of using chat marketing tools?
First of all, here are some stats from Zendesk’s The State of Messaging 2020 that show why chat marketing tools can be beneficial to your business:
- 42% of people on the planet have a smartphone
- 87% of smartphone owners use messaging apps
- People spend more time messaging than nearly any other activity online
- Customers can leave reviews in chat apps they already use
- You start direct conversations with customers for support
- You build an audience of customers for future campaigns
A step-by-step guide to using chat to gather photo reviewsThe way chat marketing works is that you automate a chat conversation. You include the questions you would otherwise ask in an online form. And you ask people to upload a photo of the product, too - Messenger allows you to upload photos natively in its app.
If you want to get started quickly, you can use a photo review template, but here are the basic steps you need to follow:
- Create a Messenger flow that saves photos and testimonials and offers a discount code
- Add a link to this flow to your checkout page, confirmation/follow-up emails or...
- Add a Send to Messenger widget to your checkout page
- Handle incoming support queries in your inbox
Conclusion: simplify photo reviews processes with chat and build an audience for future campaignsUsing photo reviews informs potential customers and boosts confidence in your brand. This means you’ll get more sales and grow your business. Using a conversational interface like chat to collect photo reviews will lead to better conversions. It also provides a seamless customer experience, since you reach people on the messaging apps they already use. You can expect the following benefits when setting up your photo review campaign:
- Automatically collect photo reviews
- Get more sales and recurring customers
- Provide a seamless customer experience
- Open a direct channel for customer support
- Build an audience for retargeting campaigns